Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shutter Shades Go the Way of Pogs


Some things go from super cool to ultra-lame in a matter of months. The list of products that have suffered this fate is extensive (think pogs, Skip-it [arguable]) and it looks like the same is happening to shutter shades. So sad.

How do I look mom?

Ever since Kanye debuted them last year while touring, they have been so popular, you can get them everywhere from Kanye’s original designer Alain Mikli
and from the guy selling sunglasses out of the briefcase downtown.

Obviously this pair makes no sense as actual UV protection (no lenses). Also, I’ve heard they are uncomfortable as the sun flashes on your eyes like a strobe light while passing over the shutters. They are for fashion only, and don’t do a very good job at that. Now I have seen some with lenses, but they look even more ridiculous. They only seem to make sense if you wear them indoor, like at a bar, but then you have to worry about getting beat up for wearing sunglasses indoors.

I was even going to buy a pair, but I can only withstand so much ridicule. Like pogs, they died fast. R.I.P shutter shades.



Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

3 Responses to “Shutter Shades Go the Way of Pogs”

lady_blue said...
July 31, 2008 at 8:40 AM

thanks for dropping by as well as you comment. highly appreciated!


Sheryl W said...
August 1, 2008 at 9:22 PM

My sentiments too. So I just wear it on the head, like a hair band ..hahaha


Guirec Munier said...
August 4, 2008 at 4:08 AM

Luv it !


Post a Comment